Discover Wales’s only Workhouse Museum, ‘Commended’ by the Association for Heritage Interpretation!
- View our dramatised documentary film, ‘Ghosts of the Workhouse’ and meet the ghosts of men, women and children who lived or worked here.
- Follow our visitor or family trail around the building.
- Find out how the workhouses came into being, and what they meant for poor people in Victorian times.
- Learn about the workhouse diet, workhouse children, the workhouse school.
- Browse through our collection of historical documents.
- Try picking oakum or try on a workhouse uniform.
- Listen to the memories of older people who remember our workhouse in its last days.
- Reflect on how much has changed today.
The Workhouse History Centre is open every day, 10.00 – 5.00. No charge for entry: donations most welcome. The displays and film can be viewed in Welsh or English.